Datatool Alarms

oggy411

Does anyone know anything about these? Had the bike sat for a few weeks and I moved it today to have a clear-out in the garage. Trouble is, now every time I arm the thing now it goes off. I've tried silencing it and re-arming and the problem happens again. It also goes to diagnostics mode telling me the fucking thing has been triggered when it clearly hasn't as I've been stood next to it swearing at it because it won't do as it's meant. Yes, yes, I know all alarms are shit etc, etc but is this just a case of a motion detector sticking or something or do I need to get the bastard removed and, if so, what does it cost?

Ta.

What age is it, as my old datatool had a wire inside that had corroded and caused this very problem, pieces of sh!t that they are

Had this very problem on my 03 749 a couple of months ago. Side cutters and a vice cured the problem in no time. Getting the bike running again and removing the rest of the Datatool loom took less than an hour.

round button and oval button?

Hold the oval one down til it beeps and that should turn off the nudge detection.

tried that - its not having that either :eusa_wall:

Take the lid off ( 4 torx screws ) , check the battery inside , it's not unusual for one of the terminal's to break off , you can also unplug the siren while your in there ( 2 pin plug ) , what bike is it on ?

Take the lid off ( 4 torx screws )

I hacksaw may also be used in the absence of torx tools

If you want to remove it then you'll probably find it's been wired into the loop for the fuel pump for the ignition cut and the trigger wire for the solenoid for the starter cut , should be a doddle to remove , if your unsure pm me and I will tell you how to bypass it internally

I know I'm only one person with only 1 alarm, but in my experience you're better off with the alarm secured firmly to the inside of a bin liner. Mine would go off whenever the bike had been washed or rained on, whenever I wanted to move the bike, whenever I didn't move the bike, or sometimes when I was about to move the bike. Even after I removed it, when it was sat on the work bench, not even plugged in to anything, I was looking on the bike smugly, feeling good about my alarm removing handiwork, the alarm started to go off. Load of shit.

Spend a little (surprisingly little) time removing offending article from bike. Make a nice cup of tea and set it to one side for a moment while you take a large hammer to the now removed alarm on the driveway. Leave debris there, sit down, drink tea, relax and contemplate how much more reliable your bike will be now it's gone :-)

At best, those things are a breakdown waiting to happen and will do the square root of zero to prevent a theft.

Archived