Daytona 675 Tail Light Connector Needed

lorenzo

A while back I was fitting a new reg/rec to my bike, as the one that Triumph fitted is built from Butter and other dairy products, when like a big lummox, I decided that it was a smart move to leave the wiring in place on the tail light, and just lift the whole rear plastics out of the way slightly. Of course, 30 seconds later it slipped and went swinging to the floor, with only the wiring as it's bungee cord. The wiring is shit as a bungee cord and so a corroded nasty bit of cable got tugged free of it's connector, annoyingly the main loom side, rather than the tail light sub-loom. I kinda bodged it back in but it still flickers on and off. I tried somehow getting the connector from out of the plastic housing, but it won't budge. So, the question is: where the hell do I find triumph connectors? They're not the standard 'hitachi' style ones you get on japanese bikes, they use a smaller finer pin, the specific one I'm after is a 4 connection one (4 holes on the end I need, a female).

Of course, I could just lop the whole thing off and solder it, or start again with a more standard style connector, but as I've got another tail light I swap over to at MOT time I'd rather keep the stock type connector. Can anybody help? And no, vehicle wiring products can't help, they're my usual first port of call, but it seems to be mainly japanese stuff on there (again, hitachi type...)

They're not on there, but if I'm going to splice in and swap connectors over, there's some beauties on there alright, cheers for the link!

Archived