A Quseatuio?

speedy sie

on a 4 stroke on the combustion stroke if at the bottom of the stroke there was a vent off port like a 2 stoke engine,not to let all the gases out just to drop the pressure of the up stroke would this be any benefit to better spin up??? :eusa_think:

The clue is its a four stroke. A port would be open every time at bdc. So inlet and compression would be a disaster

dont mean a exhaust port just some small holes to let some of the pressure out right at the bottom of the stroke,i think this will help the engine spin up better??..and would not affect the comprehension stoke??

The exhaust valve is open before BDC, and if you've got your exhaust primary lengths right, already drawing the gasses out before the piston starts to rise up again,

at the bottom on the in tack stroke the iner air chamber air presser at dbc will be 0 bar as has drawn the volume of air that is the stroke/bore amount in plus the fuel mix,so at dbc if the holes had pressure set valaves you would not lose any charge,on the combustion stroke at dbc the extra pleasure of detonation and chamber charge Pres would then open the valves up and let the presureised gass out thus droping the uper stoke pressure,before the exhaust valve opens

its only an idea i have had might be shit but thought id have a head bash??

I remember that someone who used to tune the ZZR600 Kawasaki's used to machine out a section out of the liner & barrel at the bottom to aid air flow inside the crankcase's, but that was below the piston

That makes no sense on any level.

Edit: Sie's thoughts, not yours FF. Managing the flow and pressures under the piston is well understood, and such mods are pretty common.

Do these really do anything for performance? Surely everyone would be doing it from the factory.

They have to work. they are a one way valve, relieving crankcase pressure.

Even my old race car used a similar principal system called a vac-u-pan.

All modern sports bikes run something similar, but they vent into the airbox so they don't fall foul of emmisions regs.

Archived