Looking For Carbon / Kevlar Fabricator - Cheshire / North West

CRM

I am looking for someone who could take a seat unit i have and put like a tidy under skin / layer inside it - so it retains the standard look but is seriously strong.

Ok now don't laugh but the RC30 is going abroad this year - problem is, carrying luggage.

With an alloy tank it kinda limits the bikes carrying ability.

I have a spare OE seat unit, which already has hooks fitted (drilled and bolted to the fibreglass) so i could secure a light weight 25l bag like a ruck sack. only problem being the genuine fibreglass is not only weak and thin, but also the subframe being short means it needs some radical thinking to beef the flat of the tail section up to carry weight and not turn to dust.

Clearly the bike is impractical and would be far easier (and cheaper) to take another bike, but where's the fun in that. Not interested in a new subframe or anything as extensive, but a mould made from the inside of the seat unit, cut away around the fitting holes means perhaps the OE unit could just "slip" on over the custom strength item

Ok i have no fucking idea do i - so any pointers to someone who can not only do a tidy job, but also likes a challenge would be appreciated

I bet thefatman already has an RC30 seat mould, drop him a line and see if he can just do you a mega thick bulletproof one. He's local to you too.

Archived