Anyone Able To Fabricate This Out Of 50Mm / 45Mm Tube?

Bernster

I need a couple of these making, ideally out of Titanium but aware that Ti isn't cheap and not many people have got the relevant kit to weld Titanium so stainless steel would be sufficient if you're welding's up to scratch. smile.png

If so PM me.

8449440439_9fe109b0bc_b.jpg

Cheers I think it's the I/D chap but will double check in the morning.

I've got some old Akrapovic exhaust can's that could be butchered, (kit-parts will be along in a minute to quite rightly shout at me) :) to possibly do the job with the 50mm connection collar perfectly suited for the job however it's not straight as it follows the same path of the original link pipes.

The tubing is so thin it's tricky to ascertain if Akrapovic use the internal or external diamater as the rounded-up / down measured value.

Any idea on price if it was stainless if I couldn't get hold of any Ti?

As Mr porter says, are the internal or external diameters? I assume it's for an adaptor for an exhaust silencer. You could probably get away with expanding a piece of 45mm diameter tube out to 50mm, and not need to weld it, 304 stainless wouldn't be a problem, Ti I'm not so sure.

To be honest unless you've got an old system you can cut up for the Ti tube, you'll struggle to find anyone who will sell you a 3" long piece of 45mm Ti tube. Racefit are probably your best bet knocking that up for you should be the work of a few moments for them and they'll have the material in there scrap bin.

If stanless is ok I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I have anything suitable

An adapter would be ideal, either that or sit and wait for a pair of genuine 50mm end cans. The trouble is the fit on the genuine ones is so typically Akrapovic perfect and so will be difficult to emulate with a naff adapter I reckon.

I'll see what Racefit say, either way it needs a spring retainer to keep the adapter held against the rest of the system.

I've dropped them an email to ask about making an adapter out of titanium with a spring clip, that way if I need to I can sell the end-cans on to be multi-fit.

Archived