Informing Dvla Of Engine Swap

Rick448

I am having to change engines in my bike and was wondering how i go about changing the V5 document. Looking on the website it states the following.

Engine number or cylinder capacity (cc)

You’ll need to provide either:

• a receipt for the replacement engine
  • written evidence from the manufacturer
  • an inspection report provided for insurance purposes
  • written confirmation on headed paper from a garage (if the change took place before you bought the vehicle)

The thing is it says either, so will a receipt from the seller suffice? If anyone has done this can you please let me know what you provided. I have bought the engine from a breaker and i will be fitting it myself.

Ok mate, i won't worry too much then. I'll send them the receipt for the engine and some pics of it in the bike. Cheers,

I put a Honda CR500 engine into a Kawasaki KR1S about 3 years ago,and all I did was fill out the V5 with the new engine number and new engine size.

Got the V5 back with the details changed with no problems

I put a Honda CR500 engine into a Kawasaki KR1S about 3 years ago,and all I did was fill out the V5 with the new engine number and new engine size.

:icon_bounce: cheers. I just don't want to go to the trouble of trying to keep everything legit and finding out i have to spend more dosh on top of the unexpected expense of a new engine.

Exactly what I did with the R1.

Just put the new engine number on the v5 and sent it off. No receipt, nothin, They sent me a new one.

Archived