Hindle Vs Arata (On R1)

dai1984

Morning all!

Basically I have obtained a new Hindle 2.25inch Hindle system in stainless and am in the process of finding someone to make a can. However I have been offered a deal on a new Ti Arata system. The Arata would be £200 more expensive in total so what do I do? Obviously the Arata is lighter and better made, but the Hindle is cheap and you also have the whole Ti exhaust damage on the road argument.

I cant seem to find the Uk R1 forum and the yank one is more concerned about looks and sound. Therefore I cant find any dyno charts for the Hindle. Someone on the US forum mentions 15hp extra compared to the 8~10 on Aratas graph.

Bike is a 5pw so R1 legends of the forum give me advice yet again!

I can't really give you a definitive answer on the Hindle vs. Arata but in my experience, Hindles usually produce better peak power, Aratas a better spread. Aratas are also better made from the systems I've seen/fitted/fondled.

What do you mean by the Ti exhaust damage on the road bit? That they can 'wear out'?

The bike will be used 99.9percent on the road so a better spread with a better midrange is what I'm after really.

While searching the forums someone mentioned Ti being more brittle and cracking due to the stresses of road riding. Iirc thats what Austin Racing say hence usining Iconel instead. I may be talking BS!

I'll probably justify the extra cash as I'm a quality pest and will probably kick myself for passing it by!

15hp extra on a 5PW I think someone is talking utter, Hindle will give you good power (had one on my 5PW) Arata's are lovely made, not sure on power you'd get from it though (doubt it'll be bad though)

You actually bought the Hindle yet as mine is floating about going spare and would let it go cheap(ish)?

Yeah I bought it direct from Canada! Cost me 230 delivered and after duty was paid! All it needs is an end can.

Doesnt help that theres a new Arrow race system on ebay. £370 delivered from the states plus duty. Oh ffs I'm always like this!

I know on the carbed r1s the hindle was 4-1 like the akra. (all (most) the others were 4-2-1.)

For the later model r1s (yours) see if the header design is the same configuration and that will tell you 'roughly' how the power spread will be.

What are your hindle headers?

I thought for the R1 they wereall 4 2 1 for the 5pw. The Hindles are like that and I am told this gives midrange with the 4 1 giving peak?

I thought for the R1 they wereall 4 2 1 for the 5pw. The Hindles are like that and I am told this gives midrange with the 4 1 giving peak?

Yep, that is exactly how it works. I was just not sure what those fuel infected bikes had 'stock'.

Is the arata also 4-2-1?

If so, and the pipe diameter and length etc are similar then it would just come down to build quality and that nod would go to arata.

Had a ARATA on my ZX12R, didnt have it on the dyno before, but with a P/C it made 186 BHP on BSD's dyno, i did about 20k with it on without any problems.Well made great finish and sounded great, not too loud, Arata would get my vote everytime.

Just remembered my mate had a full system on his 08 R1, with a P/C that made 175 on the same dyno

Archived