Gsxr 1000 K6 Brake Pads

MonkeyJim

hi all

after some recommendations for new brake pads for the k6 thou'.

not sure if the ones that are in there are OE ones or not

(@ Nicky: Sir, do I recall you saying you'd put some new ones in it, if so do you remember what they are?)

they're looking a bit on the low side, they don't have to be changed yet but probably not a million miles off and whilst I've got the wheel and mudguard out it would be easier to change them now and have a fresh set in for the start of the season.

fast road use with the occaisional trackday, what say you fine folk of the PB massif?

For your road/occasional trackday use, value for money, availability and wet/cold weather performance - EBC HH's.

DP's are also good but a little more track biased depending on flavour, Ferodo's the same, etc. etc.

Always had great all round results with EBC HH's.

They're saying the OE supplied pads are EBC HH's? Hmmmmm and lol's in equal measures.

yeah i was a bit dubious about that as well. the guy i spoke to wasnt the normal parts guy, there was a fair bit of umm-ing and ahh-ing

anyway, they said EBC HH's the same as you did and they stock them.

I've never tried EBC's before, I used to run SBS 'street excel' ones in the R1 and had good results from those but always keen to explore the options...

I've found EBCs to be OK, if a little grabby in terms of initial bite, a bit on/off kinda thing. Extensive fucking about tests including DP, vesrah, ferodo (he's gone a long way since finding that ring, hasn't he?), EBC and Brembo have proven that DP sport HH are my pad of choice, lots of feel, good power, no fade even on track. I've recently had a dabble with the brembo fast road/track pads (i can't remember the letter they put on there) and to be honest, they feel exactly like the DP ones did! Lots of places don't stock DP but fear not, ask them to get them in, one of the big distributors deals with them (I can't remember the name, sorry) so most places can get them if you ask, it'll just be a day or two longer for them to arrive. No more expensive than EBC too, sometimes a smudge cheaper. Make sure it's the 'sport HH' you go for though. Lovely pads.

Archived