Srad To K1 On Conversion

Gix

Anyone know what parts are swappable from later gsxrs onto the 750 srad ?

want to add k1 race tail and fairing, rear subframe, Fr subframe, wheels, shock etc

Also looking at later radial forks and calipers

any advice appreciated

Gixxer.com have a sticky about later model wheel swaps, worth a read.

Bodywork can be swapped with minor adjustments, likewise later model clocks an be used (again, gixxer.com tells you how).

Later model front end is fairly easy, mine took some spacers to calipers and disks (retaining srad discs). Rear shock can be done, but its easier to get a decent shock for the srad itself...

May be cheaper in the long run to simply buy a later bike!

yep just get a k1 750??

bikestyle have the molds for the k fairing to fit the srad frame you will need the air tubes front fairing,and rear of him they go strught on to tan srad..

I had looked at fitting a K seat unit to my SRAD, but have learned to love the curves !

When I did look into it I found that there is metalwork / welding involved in getting the K series subframe to fit, but if you can live with no pillion seat this may be an option :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSX-R1000-SEAT-UNIT-UNDERTRAY-LIGHTS-FITS-SRAD-GSX-R-/200787699315?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2ebfe12673#ht_372wt_1162

It (allegedly) fits the stock SRAD subframe once the pillion section is unbolted, and also retains the original riders seat.

Jon

Archived