Crf450

Chrisball

ANybody got any experience of these? Ive had the Enduro X version for about 3 months now and have had an absoulte blast on it, never laughed so much on a bike. Using it for green laning and trial riding etc.

Thing is i dont know alot about its history altho it goes very well. Its a 06 model and im wanting to do the valve clearances over the next few weeks, but also while im in there i thought i may aswell wip the cylinder off and change the rings and maybe piston. Then i thought if im doing that i may aswell change cam chain and tensioner for peace of mind. So while ive got the head off should i be looking at getting the valves themselves checked/replaced for wear??

ANy advice or tips on doing this job would be helpfull, and does any one know anywhere that can do the valve job if needs be?

Cheers

know both the crf and crfx inside out havin built loads in recent years

an o6 x already has stainless valves so should be bob on. No real issues with them, a cam swap with an 02 crf r is worthwhile as you can get them cheap.

Lots of easy power available with an X

my last x

IMG_0316.jpg

Not sure if the x is the same as the mx variant but the titanium valves are a consumable item. Keep an eye on their clearances. If it starts to be easy to kick over and hard to start your clearances have tightened up.

Archived