Supermoto Wheels

Chrisa112

Hi all,

Quick question as my mate is struggling to find a pre-made set of wheels...

He has just got a 2000 Yamaha YZ426 but cannot find any Supermoto 17" wheels that fit it. Anyone know who he could contact? Preferably on the cheaper side too.

Also, want to get a 17" front for my CRF as the 16.5" limits me to 1 road legal tyre...

Anyone know any custom wheel builders? (Want it to match my rear - Carbon hub, Excel rim).

Cheers,

Chris

Hi all,

Quick question as my mate is struggling to find a pre-made set of wheels...

He has just got a 2000 Yamaha YZ426 but cannot find any Supermoto 17" wheels that fit it. Anyone know who he could contact? Preferably on the cheaper side too.

Also, want to get a 17" front for my CRF as the 16.5" limits me to 1 road legal tyre...

Anyone know any custom wheel builders? (Want it to match my rear - Carbon hub, Excel rim).

Cheers,

Chris

the obvious thing to do would be ring talon, or you could just buy a rim and get it laced to your old hub by a local wheel builder (ask a local bike shop and they will know someone who can)

Whereabouts are you? I had two 17" Excels which I supplied, laced onto my standard hubs by 'Sid's Wheels' in Staffordshire. IIRC it was £130 for the work, inclusive of powder-coating the hubs, using stainless spokes. Did a good job.

07855 566713

Cheers guys, passed on info.

I'm in Herts so Staffordshire is a bit far :P

Good shout on speaking to local bike shop 'chance', just hoped there'd be an online service where I could order the parts AND get it built.

The 450 wheels do fit so long as you have a set of spacer from the 450 and 426 as they were slightly different, cant remember exacly as it was a while ago but i seem to recal using a combination of the two

Archived