Cbr400 Nc29 Gull Arm, How Long?

vfiend

I've been thinking of putting in an nc29 gull-arm into the rc24 race bike,

The exhaust can has decked out a couple of time and the link pipe is already right up against the swingarm and isn't far off touching down itself.

Once I've sorted the other ground clearance issues then this will be next.

I need to know any dimensions people happen to have to work out how well it will/won't fit and if the length from pivot to spindle is the same,

unless anyone knows how to calculate these from chain and sprocket specs?

I'm thinking a full back end swap may be most simple, because then; solutions regarding wheel, disc, brakes etc are all sorted in one fell swoop - the suspension linkage may be the big sticking point, especially as I have on 08 r6 shock to use, although I suppose I could make something from scratch.

Thoughts on a postcard please.

-----

Answer = 51cm appx; where the rear wheel spindle currently sits anyway.

So it's in the right ball-park for what I want.

I bet that tanuki dudes got a spare you could borrow to measure with.

I only need an approximate waft of a tape measure, as long as its +/- an inch or so it shouldn't be detrimental.

Having seen your racing pics - get hanging off it more!

Yes I do just need to hang off more,

but if I'm feeling especially lazy it's good to be able to bank it right over still sat in the seat.

Racing at Cadwell with the tail-end of flu was a perfect example.

That and I like the idea of acheiving insane lean on an 80's sports-tourer :D this swingarm may help.

Didn't the team south boys do this to their nc24? Ask ZXR dave or al blow away, they'll help you out.

Archived