Carbon Fibre Repairs

Cuzza

Evening all

Just picked up an ultra rare Aprilia Tuono Racing carbon fibre belly pan. These things are like rocking horse doo da and came as part of a racing kit with new bikes.

As new they have no cut out for a side stand, as they're intended for track use only. but someone has cut a hole in this one so it can be used on a road bike with side stand.

Anyone recommend somewhere that could fill the hole and get it back to original. It doesn't have to be an invisible repair, if such a thing is even possible, 'cos I'm likely to get it sprayed to match my track bike but I do want the repair to be carbon rather than fibreglass.

Cheers

Jon

I had to drop a bike off here

http://www.illusionracepaint.co.uk/

to be painted and some carbon repaired. While there I had a chat to the owner and he said he does carbon repairs and what he showed me, I was very impressed with. So impressed that I'll be using him for a repair to a carbon undertray I've got early next year, and most likely to prep and laquer my carbon swingarm.

Evening all

Just picked up an ultra rare Aprilia Tuono Racing carbon fibre belly pan. These things are like rocking horse doo da and came as part of a racing kit with new bikes.

As new they have no cut out for a side stand, as they're intended for track use only. but someone has cut a hole in this one so it can be used on a road bike with side stand.

Anyone recommend somewhere that could fill the hole and get it back to original. It doesn't have to be an invisible repair, if such a thing is even possible, 'cos I'm likely to get it sprayed to match my track bike but I do want the repair to be carbon rather than fibreglass.

Cheers

Jon

If you can't get it sorted I'll give £3:72 and half cheese and mayo sarnie for it as I would love a long one for my Factory as the numpty before me sold the racing faring and belly pan but thankfully left me with the Ti race can and chip!

Here's the full address:

Illusion Paints

Farm Buildings

Northampton Rd

Stoke Bruerne, Towcester, NN12 7XU

Tel: 01604 864086

Cheers, got a roadrashed 4xv seat I want to get mintified again :) will get a quote!

If you can't get it sorted I'll give £3:72 and half cheese and mayo sarnie for it as I would love a long one for my Factory as the numpty before me sold the racing faring and belly pan but thankfully left me with the Ti race can and chip!

Belly pan ain't going anywhere but I do have the carbon racing nose fairing, never been fitted to a bike, that might be surplus to requirements if you're interested?

Jon

It's a Dymag carbon 'arm on an R1.

Obviously doesn't read the mag that often??

How can someone forget that swinger :rock:

I may take you up on said faring when I have sold my TDM after chrimbo?? Pm me a rough price so I can make my mind up Ta

Obviously doesn't read the mag that often??

How can someone forget that swinger :rock:

Thanks mate ;)

lol, understatement of the year! haha.

How's the toothey pegs?

Pretty good today cheers! Root canal yesterday was a breeze, damn that guy's good. Really well priced too considering how little, as in genuinely no, pain there was doing it, and all the trick equipment he uses (resistance meter to determine the length of the tooth's root to get exactly the right size insert? Trick as...) and how good it feels today.

Happy bunny me.

Thanks mate ;)

Pretty good today cheers! Root canal yesterday was a breeze, damn that guy's good. Really well priced too considering how little, as in genuinely no, pain there was doing it, and all the trick equipment he uses (resistance meter to determine the length of the tooth's root to get exactly the right size insert? Trick as...) and how good it feels today.

Happy bunny me.

I'm glad it all worked out ok.

I hate dentistry. It always seems like dark-age trickery to me.

I guess where titanium is sometimes involved i really should like it more? lol.

• 2 weeks later...

You still haven't coated that yet?? How often do you shower?

It was coated about this time last year (just after my shower) and looks fantastic but I'm not convinced how well matey prepped it underneath, just an impression I got from him when I went to pick it up. Because I haven't ridden the bike I don't know yet if the lacquer will bond enough so am 'preparing' to have to get it done again.

haha, don't you know poms hide their money under the soap.............. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Never heard that before, made me giggle :icon_salut:

It was coated about this time last year (just after my shower) and looks fantastic but I'm not convinced how well matey prepped it underneath, just an impression I got from him when I went to pick it up. Because I haven't ridden the bike I don't know yet if the lacquer will bond enough so am 'preparing' to have to get it done again.

Hahaha! Never heard that before, made me giggle :icon_salut:

It was originally told to me by a guy i used to work with in the very early 1980s.

His name was Ted Skeggs and was a pommy Roof slater that tought me everything i know about slate roofing.

haha, don't you know poms hide their money under the soap.............. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what that means...

And I'm the OCD one?

It was originally told to me by a guy i used to work with in the very early 1980s.

His name was Ted Skeggs and was a pommy Roof slater that tought me everything i know about slate roofing.

Tell us who taught you everything you know about handlebar grips.......so we can slay them with toothpicks while they sleep.

And I'm the OCD one?

I know, but that's the one part of my bike I take extra pride in. S'gotta be reet.

Tell us who taught you everything you know about handlebar grips.......so we can slay them with toothpicks while they sleep.

Bazinga.

I have no idea what that means...

Stretch:Not sure if poms=hippies but I heard the joke w/hippies.

Stretch: I do not understand where this came up from, I told you the hippie joke, tell me about the grips, then buy my bike.

Let me get this straight, you've laquered that carbon swing arm? Bloody heathen.

Archived