Ford Focus Misfire N B R

blow_away

Hi Guys

Mrs blow_away's Focus has developed a misfire at 1500 revs, any gear. Other than the misfire it runs sweet as a nut. It's a year 2000 1.6 petrol Zetec.

So far I've changed the plugs, HT leads and air filter but no joy :icon_pale: What next?

MAF sensor, CAM position sensor?

I would go with crank sensor. My motor had the same issue & it would not show on any diagnostics but my mate at the garage suggested the crank sensor.

& it was.

Almost certainly the coil pack, a very well known weak point. I've changed loads over the years. Don't go to ford, get one from eurocarparts, unipart or similar, loads cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Zombie thread, brainnzz

Got some free time today, so I fitted the coil pack, It was a bit tricky getting the spring retainer off the wiring to the pack, in fact it was so tricky to refit that I cheated and put it on the wrong way up.

Mrs reports no misfire and she's chuffed so I might even get lucky later :rock:

Thanks guys.

Bit late now, but you don't need to take the spring clip off. Hold the plug and squeeze the clip- the plug now pulls off easily with the clip in place. I doubt you'll need to do it again but it might save you some time.

Glad the car's running ok now.

Isn't there an issue with rain water dripping onto the coils via the washer jet nozzle aperture ? apparently the nozzles are not sealed in the bonnet. I believe there may be a mod to stop this as my mate went through all this with his Ford dealer and ended up sorting it himself with a Bosch coil pack, new HT leads and the washer jet mod.

Archived