Old...old....very Old...skool Thunper Dumper Engines

speedy sie

By a bizare coincidence,I know of a 56hp Jawa Single that's in need of a frame. Engine cases are magnesium and the guy that owns it is provisionally intending to get a matching Mag cased Jawa 5 speed gearbox as well, still availabel to special order. :eusa_think:

know to any cheep units please pm me.

Don't think you've thought this through sie.

Really old and cheap doesn't really exist. If you want cheap you need common and available, not 1930's or whatever. Any really old motor will need a rebuild and good luck getting bits for a pre-war engine.

Fair enough you can make,or have made,just about anything but ut won't be cheap.

Fir what its worth I like the idea, though id prefer a tubular ally frame to a beam or box.

Have you thought about using an enfield bullet 500 engine? Many many more of them about, not collectable or rare so you won't pay a premium for that, lots of spares, 40's looks (I think, or is it pre-war?), known tuning routes to getting power that'd at least see off a modern 4t 125. I'm not actually sure that personally I'd be embarking on this sort of thing, but if I was, this is what I'd be looking at first. 22hp as stock, you might be able to get late 20's with a bit/lot of luck.

Archived