R1 5Pw Datatool Alarm Removal

dai1984

This winter I have a long list of things that are happening to the R1 and top of the list is: Remove and kill the alarm.

I started yesterday thinking all would be well. Trace the wires back to the loom, disconnect these, reconnect the loom and everything would be fine. Well it would be fine if the wires in the loom were different colours but they seem to all be black with 2 yellow rings. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to uncover more of the loom in the hope that the alarm wires finish further along, not where I am at the moment. The loom further on doesn't look like it's been disturbed and wrapped in insulation tape though.

Thanks in advance,

Dai

Uncover more of the loom 1st.. just to be sure.. i cant see whay a loom would all be one unifomed colour. i have removed a few alarms, Did my bandit and a member on here Bigkingy..

My advice is trace & cut only 1 wire at a time once you know its the correct one. Took me about 1 hour to remove kingy's one off his zx6r.

remember use heatshrink then tape up loom. :icon_salut:

someone (from PB forum land, I think) sent me some info about removing / bypassing a datatool alarm

(I had a 'veto evo' model on my 4XV, it never gave me any problems but it was still a pain in the arse)

I may have disposed of said info when I sold the R1 but I will have a look-see in case I have it squirreled away somewhere...

Yamahas have that bunch of wires as standard for alarms-they're a real bugger to remove!!i still have nasty memories of doing exactly the same thing to a fjr1300!-it's possible to do just a real pain-kawasakis are easy

Took me bloody ages-was years ago too-I seem to remember just working through it logically-keep in mind some wires were to flash the indicators-cant remember how it was immobilised tbh-at minimum you'll need a wiring diagram.sorry I can't be of more assistance

someone (from PB forum land, I think) sent me some info about removing / bypassing a datatool alarm

(I had a 'veto evo' model on my 4XV, it never gave me any problems but it was still a pain in the arse)

I may have disposed of said info when I sold the R1 but I will have a look-see in case I have it squirreled away somewhere...

It was me , don't make the info public , PM him by all means but DO NOT make it public , yes they are a relative bastid to remove , if your gonna peel back the loom you'll have it almost naked before you work it out , find a good alarm fitter and pay him £40 - 50 to remove it , if you want it removed it's worth it , most bikes are a piece of piss to do , not so the yam's , paying to get it done is cheaper than paying to get it fixed . BTW I am a certified alarm fitter for datatool , meta , spyball , gt , acumen , I have a clue in that respect

It was me , don't make the info public , PM him by all means but DO NOT make it public , yes they are a relative bastid to remove , if your gonna peel back the loom you'll have it almost naked before you work it out , find a good alarm fitter and pay him £40 - 50 to remove it , if you want it removed it's worth it , most bikes are a piece of piss to do , not so the yam's , paying to get it done is cheaper than paying to get it fixed . BTW I am a certified alarm fitter for datatool , meta , spyball , gt , acumen , I have a clue in that respect

Nige - don't worry - i wouldn't make it public - I remember you saying that at the time.

(as it happens I can't find the info anyway, must've binned it when I sold the R1. sorry Dai)

Archived