Zx7R 6" In A Zxr Swingarm - Straight Swap Or?.

Flerbizky

As the subject says - can I throw a 6" ZX7R rear wheel in a ZXR swingarm (K1)?. It's all about the size of the rear wheel, stupid I know, but the wider the better (-:

Thanks

it has been done but i don't know if it is a streight swap

P uses a different back brake setup, with a lug on the arm for the caliper hanger. I think there's a bit of work involved. Cuban pete has 7R wheels in one of his thunderbikes racers, so he may know.

As the subject says - can I throw a 6" ZX7R rear wheel in a ZXR swingarm (K1)?. It's all about the size of the rear wheel, stupid I know, but the wider the better (-:

Thanks

The rear will go in easily enough , but if you keep the stock rear caliper the rear disc offset is wrong . you will need a spacer to space the disc out the correct amount and some longer disc mounting bolts . other than that , use a 7r caliper and have a lug welded onto the swingarm .

The wheels are pretty heavy . fine on a road bike , but on a track bike it tends to make it a bit of an effort hauling the bugger from side to side .

it handles fine on a 190/55/17

I'd be tempted to see what's needed to use a srad 750 wheel and brake caliper. Much lighter wheel, very similar looking caliper to the 7 r but mounts with a torque arm. I have no idea abut the spindle sizes etc, it'd probably need spacers making up and new bearings.

I'd be tempted to see what's needed to use a srad 750 wheel and brake caliper. Much lighter wheel, very similar looking caliper to the 7 r but mounts with a torque arm. I have no idea abut the spindle sizes etc, it'd probably need spacers making up and new bearings.

No torque arm on this one - Which I recently picked up: http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39017&st=0&p=743157 - and I just found a dirt cheap ZX7R rear, so I'm just going to shove it in there for now and see what happens (-:

Archived