Endurance Wheel Spindle Guide Cups..

the_doctor_46

I will get a set made for the zxr7r and then look at making them for other bikes. Not too difficult to mod the original program once \i am happy with them.

great news :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

• 3 weeks later...

I will get a set made for the zxr7r and then look at making them for other bikes. Not too difficult to mod the original program once \i am happy with them.

Any progress with these at all? (to be fair, its not like they are holding up the progress of my build, the inconvenient timing of christmas is managing that all on its own!!) im just curious and wanted to see this thread at the top of the page again!

Forgive me for being a nay-sayer but aren't these actually of no practical use whatsover?

Unless the cups are attached to the chain adjuster blocks or fork bottoms they perform no useful purpose at all and are merely adding unsprung weight and are akin to the blue anodised tat you find decorating your average Suzuki.

Erm, wouldn't you need a longer spindle as well? :huh:

Any progress with these at all? (to be fair, its not like they are holding up the progress of my build, the inconvenient timing of christmas is managing that all on its own!!) im just curious and wanted to see this thread at the top of the page again!

I have drawn a set up and am just waiting for a machine to become free, which may be a while, we are 6 weeks behind on work at the moment.

Erm, wouldn't you need a longer spindle as well? :huh:

The parts are only 3mm thick where the spindle goes through them, I think most spindles would be ok with an extra 6mm between them.

1 out of over 30 post .....says a lot.

You're right. It says that a lot of people want to add nice looking anodised bits to their bike which serve them no purpose whatsoever.

As an engineer sie, what EXACTLY did you study in engineering?

You're right. It says that a lot of people want to add nice looking anodised bits to their bike which serve them no purpose whatsoever.

Instead of a pair of cones, why not just make 1 cone and a threaded adjuster block.

You'd still have to modify the spindle so you can turn it rather than it being keyed into the adjuster block.

I was trained at Perkins engine department in crank and cam turning,and also in welding ,then went on to BR and became Area Civil engineers side kick,the on to maintenance engineer covering all aspects of the job from plc programming to full on machine refurbs,to three phase control panels..exr.ext...love the job.

Count me in too.Frond for a Ducati 916 axel and rear for a Honda Vtr-sp2.Will you ship them to holland ?Like them a lot !!

Must admit its a pet hate of mine. People calling themselves engineers when they are not. I am a machinest, not an engineer, but you try telling that to 99% of the people I work with and I am more qualified than 99% of them!

The other per hate is people calling digital calipers digital verniers. Vernier is a scale, not a measuring instrument. :eusa_wall:

Must admit its a pet hate of mine. People calling themselves engineers when they are not. I am a machinest, not an engineer, but you try telling that to 99% of the people I work with and I am more qualified than 99% of them!

The other per hate is people calling digital calipers digital verniers. Vernier is a scale, not a measuring instrument. :eusa_wall:

I call them very-nears!

Unless the cups are attached to the chain adjuster blocks or fork bottoms they perform no useful purpose at all and are merely adding unsprung weight and are akin to the blue anodised tat you find decorating your average Suzuki.

Actually, the cups stay with the axle (sometimes with a circlip to hold them on), they are as much to grab hold of and pull the axle out in a fast tyre change as they are for locating the socket.

I do agree with you however, that most will be aesthetic only (without captive nuts, spacers etc)

• 2 weeks later...
The parts are only 3mm thick where the spindle goes through them, I think most spindles would be ok with an extra 6mm between them.

Ahh, furry muff. I only asked as the cups pictured in one of the earlier photos in the thread looked quite a bit thicker than 3mm.

None made yet. People keep telling me we are in a recession, but we are flat out busy. 6 weeks behind on delivery at the moment. I will try and get in tomorrow and get some bits done.

None made yet. People keep telling me we are in a recession, but we are flat out busy. 6 weeks behind on delivery at the moment. I will try and get in tomorrow and get some bits done.

I'm well up for some mate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Harris make these too, but only in natural finish - no anodize.

I've just looked on the Harris site but I can't find them , do you have a link to these

Cheers mick

Archived