A Couple Of Srad Questions For Those In The Know

V6Jon

As I am sure many of us do I have been keeping half an eye out on ebay in the hope that some bits I can afford turn up for my SRAD ('96 750), in order to make it lighter / faster etc, and wondered if anyone could answer any of the following :

Do the 600/750 SRADs have the same front mudguard ? mine is a bit scruffy and I have been looking at CF ones on the bay and it seems a lot of them claim they are for both models which seems a little odd as the 600 has conventional forks, whereas the 750 has a USD front end.

I quite like the idea of fitting a Phase-One-style endurance seat unit with the built in rear light. Having not seen one for sale I am starting to wonder if it would be easier making one from Unicorn Horns ! are they really that rare ?? if so I may widen my search to include bare carbon ones as well :dribble:

Same thing with through-the-frame air tubes, saw a set of GRP copies a while ago but missed out on them (may have been caused by my own stupidity), are these also as rare as rocking horse poop ??

One other thing that has been lurking in the back of my brain for a while now is the possibility of ditching the standard rear calliper, fitting a smaller one and doing away with the torque arm at the same time.

Has anyone done this ? is it as simple (HA !) as getting a lump of ally welded to the inside of the arm, designing a caliper mount to fit around it and then grinding off the old torque arm mount ??

Other then that, just give me a shout if you find some light weight wheels I can have for about £50, ta muchly (just don't tell the wife I was here, right :icon_pale: )

Jon

Hi mate i'm sure Sie will chime in but from what I gather.

NO the 600 and 750 front fenders are different......different forks!

One endurance seat was sold on the bay not so very long ago, yes they are few and far between.

Through the frame airtubes again are hard to find.Daz from meltedsliders may have a fibreglass set but they don't go all the way into the airbox but do go in the frame.

I have a friend in America who is making an airtray and 2 piece airtubes that will go through the frame if interested;

2012-09-22_18-09-40_442_zpsa2b0534c.jpg

I had a k4 swingarm that does away with the torque arm on my bike for awhile but the wheelbase is slighty longer, so changed back.

I have seen smaller Brembo items on a srad but they are not simple bolt ons...hope this helps!

I can't help with much of this but it does make me wonder if I was just very lucky as I found some tubes for mine fairly easily (albeit damaged, but I repaired them fine) and it came with the endurance type arse end anyway.

Cheers guys.

The mudguard question seemed obvious given the fork differences, however there was always the chance they could be the same.

WIll just have to keep looking for the seat unit !

I have emailed Chris a couple of times about the air trays and can't wait for that to turn up and I was hoping to be able to fit new air tubes at the same time. I did mention the tubes to Chris, and while he said he was working on them he didnt seem to know when he would be able to supply them.

Jon

Chris IS a stand up guy..........the only reason he wasn't concrete about the airtubes is, that he's probably busy and so didn't want to commit a time and not deliver!

You know, i could be wrong about the mudguard..now for some reason i'm thinking they WILL fit but wait for someone in the know to chime in.

You know, i could be wrong about the mudguard..now for some reason i'm thinking they WILL fit but wait for someone in the know to chime in.

They fit exactly the same armi, your second gut instinct is right!!

As for the rear caliper, there is a mount in the states I believe. Or you could go this route

IMGP2955.jpg

Still keeps the torque arm but it a lot lighter.

front mud guards are the same

rear caliper..you can make the bracket off a zx7r fit with a welded in block

race air tubes are a must,the air tray is a good mod,but a kit air box is better(the bsb srad's ditched the air tray),i had the one that crescent used on there bikes was carbon/kevlar but sold it on after chat with Mr Suzuki IOM.....

better of having the head worked on getting the bike as light as possible,wheels i can get a set of dymag three spoke they are on motoforum at the moment but 16.5

For the rear seat unit, give Mark/Foggy a holler - I seem to recall something possibly rattling around at Phase One HQ - I may be mistaken though. Give him a shout he'll help you out :)

Nothing bodywork related over here, though I do know where there are a load of priceless, complete body kits painted by the original painter.

The owner won't be parting with them as they're alternatives for the Repsol Suzuka bike.

Seem to remember that the Worx style seat moulds ended up in Germay and there's someone out there that could knock up a few. Had to delete the pm's from 3 yrs ago, my bad.

Archived