Pro Fiber

blow_away

I'm looking for a race fairing bracket for Andy's 2007 Yamaha R1.

A quick Google found me this, which I thought looked good for the money?

http://www.pro-fiber.com/shop/product/carbon-fiber-race-clock-support-fairing-bracket-for-yamaha-yzf-r1-2007-2008/

Has anyone used Pro Fiber, can you let me know what you think of their products? Or if you can recommend another supplier, I'm happy to use an aluminium one rather than CF if the price is right. There is also a Recambi-Weiss on on e-bay that I am waiting on an answer from the manufacturer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FHY03-YAMAHA-R1-R-1-TRACK-DAY-FAIRING-BRACKET-FRONT-RACING-NEW-2007-2008-/310410800730?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4845ecee5a

Don't bother suggesting SES or King Carbon, due to poor past experiences with these suppliers I am looking elsewhere.

I used to import their fairings. Quality product, decent chaps to deal with. Wouldn't hesitate to buy off them,although its been a couple of years since I dealt with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I pulled my thumb out of my arse and ordered it.

I looks great and arrived in two days from Slovenia :icon_salut: The acid test is of course, does it fit? I'll let you know next week when Andy brings the bike over...

Well, I pulled my thumb out of my arse and ordered it.

I looks great and arrived in two days from Slovenia :icon_salut: The acid test is of course, does it fit? I'll let you know next week when Andy brings the bike over...

2 days?

I ordered some carbon for my bike (different seller. u.k based) and paid 9 weeks ago, and i haven't heard boo from the business. :iconthumbsdownkq8:

King Carbon? I waited ages for bits from them for my big bang R1, and they were not great quality either, hence why I looked further afield this time.

King Carbon? I waited ages for bits from them for my big bang R1, and they were not great quality either, hence why I looked further afield this time.

No, not king carbon.

I will be naming/shaming the company next week if the paypal dispute is not settled.

I have dealt with Profibre recently and they are top notch...good quality product and excellent service...highly recommended

It fits...........

The bottom mounting hole was drilled a bit skew whiff, but nothing that five minutes with a file couldn't cure, and there was plenty of material to file away so it's all good.

Carbon part, 155 grams

Yamaha part, 700 grams :biggrinvk4:

Andy also declared that he wants to ditch the steering damper, so that's another 400 grams saved. In fact, I was surprised just how light the steering damper was. I'm tempted to start pruning the wiring loom while I am in there, but first I've got to get a better fit on the fairing, the bike has been dragging the front of the belly pan severely, and the top of the mudguard is hitting the fairing. I fuckin' hate fitting after market fairings.

Archived