Dodgy Sp1 Shock.....thinking Of Swapping It For An Sp2

scoot

Hey boys, I'm after a bit of advise. My sp1 shock is looking a bit worse for wear and has a seized rebound adjuster. I've heard that an Sp2 shock is a better unit. Better valving ect.

Now I understand that the sp2 had a different swing arm and linkage.

Has anyone done this mod? What's it like?

Is it worth doing?

Pretty sure the major improvement on the SP2 rear end was the change in the shock link, any suspension mods are worth doing to an SP1, because out of the box they are shite!

Links are comparatively cheap now every man and his dog has a cnc mill, quality rear shock is always worth having and the front forks benefit massively from revalving (at least the compression stack)

that should see you going hungry for a while :icon_salut:

You can change the rear swinger and shock, but you need a couple of spacers making up.

K-Tech can rebuild the original shock and revalve it too.

Get it rebuilt. Set up standard sp suspension is plenty good enough. Having said that i do have two, one fitted with full ohlins and the other standard. The ohlins is better, but to be honest the standard is good.

Hi fellas thanks for your replies.

I got a quote today on getting my shock re-valved and serviced. Was quoted around $500aud.

As reasonable as it is, my budget just won't allow this. Me and the missus just had a little bloke and with two other kids aswell, cash is tight.

I'm trying to get out of this as cheap as possible.

I think I just gotta save my pennies for a while.:)

Archived