Bent Rim

hoona6

Easy...

Took the bike for its MOT the other day and whilst the monkey had the wheel off the ground he remarked that it wasn't true. Can't say I've noticed whilst riding.

Anyway fixable or, new wheel time?

itll be fine due to the fact you never ride it!!!

Is it just a dink or whole wheel out of true?

That's cos it's got a bent rim. Do keep up!

No idea. I'll already been there for about an hour and a half at that stage and frankly just wanted to leave.

completely depends on how "bent". and what sort of wheel too. if t's spoked and lightly bent, you can pull it true by tightening spokes.

If it just has a dink in it from hitting a curb or brick or something, then as long as it still keeps a seal and balances up properly with a usual amount of tyre weights, it will be fine. You can also twat it really hard with a rubber mallet to reduce the dink.

I hit a brick with the bike leant over at around 90mph (stayed on the bike but nearly died from a heart attack). left a massive scary dent. I took the tyre off, hit it with a rubber mallet until it was almost gone (probably could have gotten rid of it altogether but my arm was tired (no pun intended)) and put it all back together. that was 2 years ago and I have the same wheel with no issues.

Archived