October Issue - Chain Rivet Tool - Be Careful.

Bernster

Page 107 in the 'Used Stuff' section.

After looking into the DRC chain rivet tool, (D59-16-111) I had a word with the UK distributors and they informed me that as this device doesn't include side plate press kits ideally required for modern chains it's not really suitable for none Moto-X bikes. To prevent possibly creating a tight-spot with a bent link in the chain if you do use this splitter / joiner it's worth making or adapting a press kit before fitting a chain for a bike with 150+ Bhp.

• 1 year later...

This reminds me that my riveter stripped a thread or something last time of use and I still havent sorted or replaced it...I need to find time to go in the shed ...

I've got a nice but old regina tool that presses the plates on a treat, but I've lost the pin bit that spreads the rivets, I do it with a punch but it's a proper faff, anybody know where I can get spares for regina tools, or failing that, just a new pin tool itself?

I've got a nice but old regina tool that presses the plates on a treat, but I've lost the pin bit that spreads the rivets, I do it with a punch but it's a proper faff, anybody know where I can get spares for regina tools, or failing that, just a new pin tool itself?

Is this the wan?.. http://www.mad-ducati.com/Technical/ReginaChain/ReginaChainToolUse.html

I don't know, but I was thinking of pushing the punch in using the threaded bit which I use to put the plate on, so no twattage needed.

Zombie thread...

I needed a chain rivet tool, did a search on here and found this review on this here forum. It looked just the thing, so I was going to buy it, until I saw this very thread by Bernster and had second thoughts. In the end I went for a Laser tools jobby - £47 from Machine Mart, which looks much less bling than the DRC jobby, but is well made and did a grand job this afternoon.

I'll not post a photo of my hooked sprocket as the clean freaks on here will have paliptations...

I'm not entirely sure what the distributors referenced in the OP mean, check photo 3 in the review thread for the side plate press!

September 2012! They keep posts alive this old? :) This post has been dormant for 17 months, they've probably changed the product since.

*Edit \/ door matt's \/ | /\ dormant /\ jeffing phones.

I'm not entirely sure what the distributors referenced in the OP mean, check photo 3 in the review thread for the side plate press!

Not sure I do either, I bought the same one as yours and have no issue with it? :confused:

Archived