Remote Fuel Tank

VanWinkle

over the past week or so I have been doing work to the Blade, shims and a oil/filter and all thats left to do now is balance the carbs, thing is, Im getting well fed up lugging back and forth the fuel tank so I decided that a remote tank of some sort would be a better idea to knock up....

Had some bits and bobs kicking around the shed.

Fuel tank ( which I later found had a hairline crack) is a spare from our Aidans dirty bike

20120918_115340.jpg

and there was a fuel filter too

20120918_115330.jpg

1mtr of fuel line hose cost me 4quid from the local car components shop, and the petcock came from an old tank which was lying round the back of the shed

20120918_115320.jpg

OK so Ive ran into a couple of tiny problems once filled with fuel to test it out, the wee tank as I said has a hairline fracture and is only fit for the bin, so something else will have to be sourced to act the fuel....

The petcock has a reserve setting which leaks fuel, no other way to switch it to off than going from run/reserve/off so a simple on/off tap will have to be sourced as a replacement which hopefully I can hunt down sometime today and Im thinking that the tap would probably be better if it was spliced into the hose a bit farther up than stuck on the end of the hose....

at least the hose and the filter work though eh? :biggrinvk4:

jeez, i just use a drink bottle with a pipe squeezed into a hole in the lid............................im suddenly feeling a little basic

well, I did have a wee change of plan on this one...

I went down the BOTTLE as a tank route, with some twisted 16amp copper wire for a hanger..

20120919_164823_zps5bf411f8.jpg

Put in a fuel filter(its upside down in this pic, but sorted now)

20120919_164830_zpsa425a055.jpg

and bought a little On/Off tap from the local aquarium shop

20120919_164910_zps54c8d4b8.jpg

cost was about 4 quid, 2 for the 6mm tube, 1 for the switch and 1 for the drink...even tho the 1st lot of tube cost me 4 quid, I still think its been a VFM addition for the shed.

I know this sounds silly, but why the filter? You'll have just filled your tank with fresh fuel and you can see if there's shit in the bottle before hand that you could swill out etc

I know this sounds silly, but why the filter? You'll have just filled your tank with fresh fuel and you can see if there's shit in the bottle before hand that you could swill out etc

Just cos I liked the look of one... :lol:

Not much use on a fuel injected bike though eh.

I have no idea, I dont have a fuel injected bike..

fuel injection......FUEL INJECTION !!!!!!!! the work of witches & the black arts. disk valves & flat slides.....as the gods intended

Archived