Oil Filters

Andy J

Just looking on that site for a genuine oil filter for my 86 Slabby 1100. Now the part number on Robinsons site is 16510-06B00. All the filters for pretty much any Gsxr/Bandit seem to start 16510 just with different end numbers but all seem to end 00. Am i right in thinking that any 16510 type filter will fit? I was under the impression that they used the same type of oil filter for years?

I just want to make sure before i go and buy the wrong one! I would just go to my local dealer but my "local" dealer is an hour away now!

Last one I got was numbered 16510-03G00-X07 and I think that's still the up to date number. Pretty much every spin on/external oil filter is the same on Suzukis, one of the cruuuzers uses a stumpier one but other than that they're the same. The 16510 prefix covers all oil filters though including gauze screens and the older style internal filters. HTH, Ben.

Thanks for that. Did a bit asking on OSS and it seems that 1651006b00 which superseeds to 1651003g00x07 which superseeds to 1651007j00 all will do the job ! Theres also a K&N filter which seems to cover pretty much every 4 stroke suzuki twin and four from 1986 to 2012 so i guess they rationalised their filters and just have one for all bikes. Makes buying on ebay easier!

As you say, there is a slightly different one for some of their cruisers and quite strangely this is also the fitment for the early Slabby 750s but not the 1100.

Ha, just been and picked up a new box of oil filters for the race bike, Ducati corse rs filters......£42 each.....

Hope yours are cheaper!!

Archived