Anyone Had Any Experience With 4Xv's And Ram Air Boxes?

Alex_H

Yo all,

Having just purchased a rather lovely ram air box from our friend trackdaybob, was wondering if anyones had any experience setting them up, apart from the 'its a bastard' which seems to be the general term on the net about them with nothing constructive to go with it!

So far I've managed to find out that its worth fitting the lines for the carb vents at the front of the bike, like 90's kawasaki's etc, a main jet in the range of 150ish and a float height of 9mm. Does this sound ball park before I head for the dyno or am I way off?

Have you asked on the site Alex?

http://www.yamahar1.co.uk/

I'd be interested in how you get on, keep this thread updated please

I havn't but I will - I've trawled the .com r1 forum but found conflicting stories, I guess I'll find out one way or another. I'll keep this updated anyway with what I find!

Yes I sold it to Trackday Bob a few years back.It's off a V&M R1 and is one of the few that did actually work.Did you get the carbs as well because if not your in for a shit load of work.I ended up removing them and fitting flatslides,peakier but soooooo much better.

Yes I sold it to Trackday Bob a few years back.It's off a V&M R1 and is one of the few that did actually work.Did you get the carbs as well because if not your in for a shit load of work!

You've gone and and done an internet dude lol. Alot of people say that, but far less are forthcoming with their actual setups, afterall we do know it can be done.

I bought the bike with it fitted so didn't have to do much,dyno runs etc was all it needed.Some of the internal air passages inside the carbs have to be blocked off but couldn't tell you which ones(Sold the bike 4 years ago)

If you didn't get the carbs ask Bob if he has them or don't bother,I've never seen anything but V&M bikes work with them.

Sonic it's not that airbox and carbs. They are still fitted to my original R1 (#1) which was being rebuilt for this season but was put off when I crashed (#2) back in March.

This one was on the bike I bought (#3) as a stop gap until the end of the season. What I ended up doing was use the #3 chassis with the engine, carbs, airbox and exhaust from #2 as I knew they ran good and was well set up, IMO better than the ramair set up originally fitted to the #3. Hope that makes some sense :unsure: Yes I probably do have too many R1's :o

I do still have the carbs that were with the airbox I sold to Alex, and the Akrapovic exhaust which is on ebay at the moment.

I got your set up running pretty well but it's been over a year since it's ran.

I do have the set up sheets back up at home somewhere. Think the dyno place kept data too but it's long since shut down.

This one came with nothing except a dyno printout which after riding the thing I was sceptical of anyway. That was one of the reasons I swapped it all over for a engine, carbs, airbox and exhaust which I knew worked well.

Sonic it's not that airbox and carbs. They are still fitted to my original R1 (#1) which was being rebuilt for this season but was put off when I crashed (#2) back in March.

This one was on the bike I bought (#3) as a stop gap until the end of the season. What I ended up doing was use the #3 chassis with the engine, carbs, airbox and exhaust from #2 as I knew they ran good and was well set up, IMO better than the ramair set up originally fitted to the #3. Hope that makes some sense :unsure: Yes I probably do have too many R1's :o

I do still have the carbs that were with the airbox I sold to Alex, and the Akrapovic exhaust which is on ebay at the moment.

if you ever come across a full titanium system or just the titanium headers/linkpipe for sale, please let me know.

Archived