Vfr400 Brake Nipples

lorenzo

I'm just cleaning up the brakes on the little NC30 and I went to fit some nice stainless nipples, only to find that the 'normal' ones that I have in my little garage stock are too short but about 6 or 7mm. I wonder if anybody else has had this problem in the past, and how they solved it, without resorting to the standard honda items, which corrode and round off as soon as you fit them?

You get different lengths mate.Auto bleed ones are normally longer.

Heres how to see what you have mate.Just make sure you get the thread pitch right or you will ruin your caliper and have to re-tap them.

m8singlep.jpg

Yep, I know it's an M8x1.25 but it's the actual threaded length that's the issue. The head on it fouls the body of the caliper before the bottom of it has seated.

Yep, I know it's an M8x1.25 but it's the actual threaded length that's the issue. The head on it fouls the body of the caliper before the bottom of it has seated.

Got ya.. I have some old ones in the shed from other brake builds and some of these are different lengths mate.. Ask the place where you got it from for a longer length,i know these exist mate.If i get time i will take a pic of the old ones to show you.

The old ones are OK-ish, certainly usable as I've bled them up with them yesterday, but the state they're in and this being my winter bike, I know when I come to tidy them up in 6 months time they're going to be horrible to get out unless I sort them sooner rather than later. The annoying thing is that in the past I've fitted new nipples and thought to myself how long they were, but can I remember which ebay seller I got them off? Can I fuck...

The old ones are OK-ish, certainly usable as I've bled them up with them yesterday, but the state they're in and this being my winter bike, I know when I come to tidy them up in 6 months time they're going to be horrible to get out unless I sort them sooner rather than later. The annoying thing is that in the past I've fitted new nipples and thought to myself how long they were, but can I remember which ebay seller I got them off? Can I fuck...

Look in your history mate,might be in there.. Failing that gimme the overall length and i will see if i can help you. You want normal ones,easy bleed or what?

Will probably have some fresh ones loz, will have a nose over the next day or so and chuck em in with your neutral switch (Which is on my desk awaiting it's trip to the posty :))

Don't mind what sort as long as they fit and are stainless. Of course, the alternative it to countersink a little pocket into the caliper, there's plenty of meat on it.

Archived