Power Commander 3 Differences

dai1984

Hi!

Ive bought a second hand PC3 that has hardly been used but I've discovered that it is a serial port version and not the USB. Doh!

Will I really notice any differece between the 500rmp incrents of my PC3 and the 250rpm of the PC3 USB?

I'm also guessing that I wont be able to use a plug and play quickshifter either?

What I want you all to say is that there would be no real noticable difference and that plug and play quickshifters are shit anyway. I have a 2002 laptop that I can use so the fact it is a serial port makes no difference to me but would it to a dyno tuner? I'm guessing they are still fairly common in use so that wont matter either.

Cheers, Dai

What bike you got?

Edited to say......

To be honest, doesn't really matter what bike, the usb version with it's 250 increments will always be better than the 500 rpm cousin. It's basically a more powerful ecu.

Sorry mate. Get rid and replace it with the usb version.

Or look at it another way, in the same scenario above, what would a 2.5% change in fuel do to the AFR?

I would assume more like 0.1 than 1.0, so probably not worth worrying about?

Am i right in saying the USB version has a greater degree of adjustment, ie it goes up/down by a higher percentage? I had (I think) this scenario with my VFR8 with a totally different exhaust on it: Ideally It'd have had a bit more fuel in the middle but it was up to its max adjustment, which I think was 10% and could probably have done with another couple of % more.

Doesnt the later serial port versions also allow for ignition mapping, whereas the USB ones don't?

Lets be honest....if you can feel the difference between mapping at 500 RPM and mapping at 250RPM then I suggest that you get in contact with a team that races on the world stage. Yes the USB will be "better". Will you ever notice the difference though.

Fit the fucker, get it mapped, job jobbed.

I think the ones that allow ignition mapoping are the PC3R.

I feel pretty stupid that I didnt do my homework befor I bought it but I dont think I want to lose money selling it then spend more buying the USB. If the serial is fine for the road then I'll stick with it. Cheers!

Archived