Which Brake Bleeding Tool?

Okjc250

Honstly, a syringe and length of silicone tubing.

I've tried tons of tools and while some are good, for the cost a syringe does exactly the same job.

Honstly, a syringe and length of silicone tubing.

I've tried tons of tools and while some are good, for the cost a syringe does exactly the same job.

^^^^ This

I use a mityvac, it's excellent. I've tried a syringe in the past but it annoyed me: After about 5 minutes of exposure to brake fluid the seals had swollen to such an extent that it was useless.

i use a syringe, really easy, and cheap. same deal with the clutch. i bought a load of big syringes from my local hydroponics shop for about 3 quid each

I use a mityvac, it's excellent. I've tried a syringe in the past but it annoyed me: After about 5 minutes of exposure to brake fluid the seals had swollen to such an extent that it was useless.

Get the right tyPE of syringe and that won't happen.

I use a nitrile sealed syringe two or three times a day, six days a week and replace each one, and the silicone tubing every three-four months I'd say.

Most of the black rubber sealed syringes won't last very long.

Do you have a link to a syringe with nitrile seals? A search just reveals pages of hospital suppliers with nitrile gloves and "normal" syringes.

I just use a tube and valve type from a car factors.

I had some new lines to bleed in but try as I might I couldn't do it so I bought one of the ones you linked to. Couldn't do it with that either.

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to have gained a break bleed from someone in France does a great

Ha - that's where it went. You should have seen me trying to explain what I wanted .... not being able to speak French an all. I ended up drawing pictures.

Archived