Snatchy Throttle Response? Not No More

buster

I recently went back to a Suzuki GSR600, knowing that they suffer horrendously from throttle snatch, closing off the throttle at around 4000-5000 rpm is like hitting a brick wall. Due to emission control regs etc, Suzuki have set the TPS so that when the throttle is closed above 3500(ish) rpm the fuel is literally immediately and completely stopped being injected, the knock on of this is it makes the bikes horrendously difficult to ride smoothly, even more so with a pillion on the back.

One of the reasons I went back knowing this wasa very clever lad on the GSR forum had trawled the net and come up with a solution, it appears the fault not only affects the GSR but many GSXRs, SVs, GSXs etc.

All that was needed to cure the problem was a wire to short the dealer plug and give out fault codes, a fairly basic tool kit and a No25 Torx Security bit (thems thats drilled in the centre).

After lifting the tank, removing the airbox, I decided it would be easier to to lift the throttle bodies to gain access to the TPS, released the torx screw watched the dash and set for a high line for the TPS, put it all back together, went for a ride and, WOW, a complete world of difference.

So if you have a Suzuki with a snatchy throttle, all is not lost! The cure is not difficult.

Archived