Triumph Speed Triple 955I 2001, What To Expect?

jvhy

Hi!

I was just test riding a Speed Triple of 2001. Bike's imported to Finland from U.S some time ago and cause of that the history of bike is not known that well.

Anyway the bike is quite clean and seems to be taken care of. Engine sounds ok and latest service has been done properly. Ride was ok for that age and miles.

I was checking all the normal things you should check while buying a bike, but what are the type specific things that needs some attention?

There's around 46000 miles (around 73600km) in odometer. With this amount, is it close to some "point" of it's life?

-Janne

Decent service history at a main dealer? A 'major' is every 12k with some extra stuff at 24k. Important stuff like clearances, head bearing, linkage and rear hub greasing too.

With bikes doing fewer and fewer miles generally, a 46k miler would be ignored by the vast majority, consequently it would be worth very little here. I suspect prices in Finland are a little (lottle) different.

Check the bike over as best you can and make sure the price is right..............

Archived