Err,a Little Help Please!....

laney

Well,just when i think the triumph is getting finished,i decide to do something else to it.The alarm was begining to piss me off,and ive made a small subframe so i had`nt got room for it,so i decided to remove it.

Its a datatool alarm,and after getting halfway through removing it,i realised it is factory fit,so i now have all the loom tape off it as i decided to plough on!!!

Anyway,has anyone ever removed a factory fit alarm off a triumph? Has the PB 955 race bike still got an alarm??

WP_000842.jpg

Jebus,

That looks like a rats nest - Cut it all out and throw away with careless abandon, put the bodywork back on , forget it everfy happened and it will start for sure.....*

*Possibly, but probably not...

You do know that triumph do a blanking plug for not much money? All you need to do is bring in some ID and your V5 and you can swap it straight out.

Bollocks,its a good job i made a note of where all the wires went as i merrily snipped my way through them!! I shall be paying a visit to my local triumph dealer this week then for a blanking plug.You live and learn! And thankyou for the replys!!..........

also check that the small diameter black wire is connected to the starter relay (lhs of bike down below the battery box near the swingarm)....think this is disconnected when alarm is fitted (immobiliser circuit or sommat)...the wire has an 'L' shaped connector on the end..

Archived