Help Me Pleease! R1 Coil Problem?

harry-h1

So what happens is this.

Bike runs ok for about ten or twenty minuites then when it gets to about 80 on the temp it feels like its dropping a cylinder and surging badly on constant throttle.....

Im thinking electrical heat problem with maybe the coils or leads? would that be a good guess?

Please help... i got silverstone on the 15th!!!!!! maybe its fate.....

yep could be only what to know for sure is test it with a multimeter and see if it is in spec.

Specs are:-

1998-2002 = 1.87-2.53 ohms secondary is 12000-18000 ohms

2002-2005 = 1.19-1.61 ohms secondary is 8500-11500 ohms

2007-2009 = 0.85-1.15 ohms secondary is 5020-6790 ohms

Hope that helps.

it does it when hold any speed like 30, 40, 70 etc. it will clear itself when i get hard on the gas but as soon as u stick to a speed it starts spluttering again.

it feels like every other second it drops a pot then comes back in, like a fat bloke is kicking my back wheel as i ride...

i did notice last nite that my bazzaz wiring that attaches the coil loom sits against the top of the head, maybe the haet has affected this wiring loom?

Throttle position sensor?

Had a similar prob with an old 916 I had, would splutter cough and buckaroo when holding a steady throttle but was ok when accelerating.

Tps just needed adjusting, job done.

Just a thought! ;)

well u may be right there barry. when it pulled into my driveway today it was ticking over at 2000rpm with a check engine light but no fault code, i tried to rev it but it done nothing, revs stayed at 2000rpm even when the twist grip was fully open. it felt like it wasnt conected up to anything.... switched it off and on again and it then reved fine....

I confussed .com

anyone know what these diagnostic codes mean?

do1-16

do2-100

do3-101

do5-26

do6-96

do8-0.8

do9-12.2

do13-15

do14-17

do15-17

do-20- on

do21- on

do61-15

do62-3

all others where at 0.

I aint got a clue how these codes are relevnet to the fault code list......

Sorted it! it was the tps wiring shorting out..... some silly bugger (me) done some dodgy wiring a few years back that just gave up....

All good for silverstone now.. well saying that i do still need a quickshifter but hey i can live with that...

on a more comic note.... i actually fixed a blowing exhaust today by hitting it with a big hammer...... cant believe it worked and im not sure what made me think it would in the first place.....

but work it did... lol

anyone know what these diagnostic codes mean?

do1-16

do2-100

do3-101

do5-26

do6-96

do8-0.8

do9-12.2

do13-15

do14-17

do15-17

do-20- on

do21- on

do61-15

do62-3

all others where at 0.

I aint got a clue how these codes are relevnet to the fault code list......

61 lists what your fault codes are

62 tells you how many faults are stored in the ecu

01 is tps reading

02 + 03 are atmospheric pressure sensors

05 is air temp

06 is coolant temp

08 is tip over sensor

09 is fuel system voltage

13 , 14 +15 are also tps readings

20 +21 are neutral and side stand switch

if you had left it on 61 it would have cycled through the stored codes , 15 is tps , the other two faults are probably tps related , all other readings look ok ,it's usually some badly fitted aftermarket fitted shite that causes problems on most injected bikes ,

Tps recall was on the 5vy models , I assume yours is either a 14b or a 4c8 model

when you get a chance put it back onto 62 and work the kill switch off and on and this will clear any stored faults , assuming they have been cleared

cheers for the explaination mate.

62 showed 3x faults

61 cycled through 15 tps, which was the most recent. 22 air intake sensor, when i took off the airducts and 30 which was basically telling me my bike was at one point upside down.... which i knew anyway as i was also upside down at the time...lol

but unfortunatley after another ride today its started surging again but i think its still the tps just the fact that i havent fixed it properly, shes going into steve jordans on saturday so hopefully he can sort it before the 15th........

Archived