Worn Clutch Plates? Springs?

madmike

My clutch lever for the past, hmmm, say 9-12months, was massively slack, I have both adjustment ends on FULL adjustment. Someone stated that its more than likely plates worn, or the springs. I don't ride like a looney though, been using 10 40 semi oil (Motul). Its my 1995 CBR600F3 (S Model). mileage is knocking on 51k.

Could oil have damaged the clutch? Should I be on fully synth... Or... when I bought a replacement clutch cable off eBay a while back, Could it be too long?!

Anyway, I'm planning on buying a clutch cover gasket and then popping the clutch out and having a nosey one day next week. this seem sensible?

Ta! :eusa_think:

That whole thing looks very different to mine... Worth the order for around a tenner though eh?

this is what mine looks like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR-600-F-3-S-1995-Clutch-cable-/150761179037?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item231a11079d

Oh, and on a side note, the original thing that set off in my mind about it being a clutch issue was some clutch slipping, only when I'd rev out 2nd or 3rd gear, but then again its not everytime though.

That whole thing looks very different to mine... Worth the order for around a tenner though eh?

this is what mine looks like

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item231a11079d

Oh, and on a side note, the original thing that set off in my mind about it being a clutch issue was some clutch slipping, only when I'd rev out 2nd or 3rd gear, but then again its not everytime though.

The one you have is the correct one mate, dont order the other one as it will be the same.Just the pic is different if you read the advert.

If your clutch is slipping in 2nd/3rd then either you are using the wrong oil or your clutch is worn.The 10/40 is correct for your bike/model so i would be looking at adjustment first on your cable.. THEN id look at the clutch plates/springs to see if they are in tolerance.

Take a pic of where the cable goes into the bars on the lever and then where it goes to the clutch.That way i can see how you have it adjusted.

Archived