Sparkplugcaps+Wires

Mahatma

Hi.My caps have cracks in them,and the bike is missfiring in the rain.Have been told elsewhere that they may be the culprit.So am wondering if changing those (cheap fix if it's that) is something which is easy,or is fitting the wires a major pain?Also,can the cracks be the reason it is missfiring in the rain?Have to gun it to stop it from dieing,but gets well when the rain stops.Have checked the coil,and no cracks in those (are two on my honda cb900c).

Thanks in advance:)

yeah, the cracks will make it miss fire in wet or damp conditions, new suppressor cap's and job should be jobbed..

oh sorry..edit, yep easy job to change them, they just screw off the HT leads( thats the wires) and new ones screw on..

Forgot to ask,but does it much matter if the wires are 20,30 or 40cm long?Is there any limit to the lenght within reason (let's put the limit to 1 meter)?guess not,but am new to this.

lol..im not sure, I always thought that the HT leads came as a standard length for the bike in question, but you shouldnt need to renew the HT leads just to change the caps.

Thanks for reply:) Will try to replace just the caps.The wire comes in bulklenght of 1 meter where I live.That's why I asked the silly question since to me it's better to have them a bit long so that if I botch it,I can just recut and start again.

Ed:Replaced them today.Bit of a hassle with the wires,but got it to run normally with some adjustments in coil.Now to wait for the rain to see if that was the problem

Archived