Gsxr Downpipes

Ricksgixxer

Hi all,

picked up a k3 gsxr6 on sat, it looks like it has a k4 titanium headers and link pipe and a Aki can, the swingarm is scratched from where it's been hitting the can, the mounting point doesn't line up and the belly pan has been chopped to allow room for the downpipes as they look longer, as iam planning on racing It i think I need a fully enclosed belly pan? So do I

Modify the belly pan around the downpipes so it is an enclosed belly pan again i have one carbon fibre one and one standard whats would be the best way of doing this, glassfibre or something? and then space the can away from the swingarm

Or

Find a set of standard 600 headers and as the can will still fit, I would still have to blank the holes in the belly pan tho.

Also going to be painting the fairings myself soon, never painted anything before but we have a body shop at work and can use the booth and guns etc, thinking of something not to hard to paint and looks good, I think Wilson Craig colours look pretty good with some retro numbers etc but the wife says it would look pants so who's right? And any more suggestions on paint schemes and if they go with gold wheels even better as it saves me re painting them

Only 1 thing I can add to this and that's that gold wheels go with everything as they are awesome.

Archived