Brake Discs.....recommendations

theo

So in addition to the other thread asking for advice on pads, can people suggest replacement discs.

Im currently thinking of giving brembos a go, to go along with the Brembo pads I use, but are they really work the extra expense?

I have just fitted Brembo cast iron discs & organic pads to my track bike. Fu*king awsome.

I have also just fitted new EBC discs & EBC HH pads to my road bike & the stopping power is immense.

AVOID at all costs the cheap chinese crap on egay. That is why I have the EBC"s! My chinese ones warped within 100mile & were just awful with poor stopping distance & vibes through the bars.

I weighed them in for scrap! You get what you pay for.

I was very impressed with the Armstrong discs I fitted to Andy's ZX6R track bike a couple of years ago, and they are still in good nick despite Andy's monster late braking efforts.

Well i shelled out and bought the bloody brembos. They better be fuckin awesome otherwise theyll be going back through one of demon-tweeks' glass windows.

They must be waaaaaaay old. Bremo stopped making cast iron discs about 10 years ago.

Yep, your right.

New old stock & cost the princely sum of £100!

Sat on a shelf for years & needed some re-finishing before fitting, but were worth it. [Nearly feel as good as the 1st time out on my Mille r back in 2001.]

The EBC"s on my other bike can not be knocked though.

I have just fitted Brembo cast iron discs & organic pads to my track bike. Fu*king awsome.

I have also just fitted new EBC discs & EBC HH pads to my road bike & the stopping power is immense.

AVOID at all costs the cheap chinese crap on egay. That is why I have the EBC"s! My chinese ones warped within 100mile & were just awful with poor stopping distance & vibes through the bars.

I weighed them in for scrap! You get what you pay for.

i have a set of disks from Arashi (the company is in china) may i ask that if you have problem with a product you could say the name, instead of just putting the issue down to what country the item comes from

i have a set of disks from Arashi (the company is in china) may i ask that if you have problem with a product you could say the name, instead of just putting the issue down to what country the item comes from

Ha ha, same as I fitted. Absolutely shocking!! They were only stopping a little RGV, god knows how they stop a big bike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Brake-Disc-Rotor-RG-125-F-RGV-250-GAMMA-VZ-800-/251095323988?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a76729554#ht_6002wt_952

I just thought I would give them a go as they did look good out of the box & the price seemed too good to be true. It was!

I think it was the new EBC sintered pads which killed them. They just warped!

You get what you pay for , & there is no way I would risk them on my track bike. Imagine braking at the bottom of the Gooseneck & finding you are not going to stop or they lock up or shatter!

Good luck, & if you use them on a track then extra good luck!

Ha ha, same as I fitted. Absolutely shocking!! They were only stopping a little RGV, god knows how they stop a big bike.

http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_6002wt_952

I just thought I would give them a go as they did look good out of the box & the price seemed too good to be true. It was!

I think it was the new EBC sintered pads which killed them. They just warped!

You get what you pay for , & there is no way I would risk them on my track bike. Imagine braking at the bottom of the Gooseneck & finding you are not going to stop or they lock up or shatter!

Good luck, & if you use them on a track then extra good luck!

thanks for the luck, but ive had them for two years with no dramas (brembo pads) the bike is 112kgs so that helps compared to a RGV & mine are the 'older' wave rotor design & have a nice rattle............ah well mine might have been a wednesday order.its worth mentioning there have been a few models of bikes from japan over the years that have warped disks, anyway im happy with mine. enjoy

Archived