I Need Hp!

awood12345

Hi All,

As some of you may know I'm racing a GSXR1000K6. Unfortunatly the guys infront of me in the championship are on newer faster biikes (30-40bhp more) that I'm a long way from affording. How can I get more bhp from my GSXR to help close that gap a bit (5-10bhp more) I'm looking for bang for buck here bot all out hp. I'm just getting killed on the straights.

Current Spec:

Suzuki GSXR1000 K6

Akrapovic Titanium Full system

Powercomander PCI III (Custom map)

I was told that this gave it a figure of 163bhp when I bought it.

I know removing the balance shaft will give a few bhp but I'm not sure how much and what it'll sacrifice in drivability.

I'm open to any ideas.

Cheers,

Alan

Can you lose any weight? (you or the bike), shedding weight is like adding HP, Carbon wheels are supposed to be one of the most cost effective performance enhancements aren't they?

Sorry it's not exactly what you were looking for but worth some thought maybe?

You don't mention what suspension you're running. If you can optimize that, you will be exiting corners faster and carrying that speed onto the straight. Cut down food portion sizes, steer clear of hydrogenated fats and processed foods in general. Trade in your steel testes for some CF ones. And do some running or cycling, you fat gent. :)

kit-parts, cheers for the information thats the kind of thing I'm planning over winter but can't afford it mid season.

FastFreddie, I've got the tyres and know my bike is capable of going much faster than I'll ever be able to get from it but some more bhp would make it easier.

Jenny, I've got maxaton internals on the front about to be sent off for stiffer springs and a maxton GP7 rear shock. My setup needs more work but even if I get a better drive that advantage is soon lost. Sounds like good advice with the food but I've not got a clue what hydrogenated fats are lol. Are these carbon testes available in wet weather, I'm in need of a set of those!

Hydrogenated fats and trans fats are artificially created lipids that turn people into blimps.

I would go into the science side of it, but it's boring and as a racer, all your brain cells will be more interested in is processing information about braking points, weight transfer, suspension travel, tyre adhesion, if you have time enough for a pee before scrutineering closes and wondering why your head always gets itchy as soon as your helmet goes on.

Suffice to say, your brain and body will work bettererer if your diet consists of lean, low fat meats like turkey or chicken, brightly coloured fruit/vegetables, and healthy carbs such as brown rice, wholewheat pasta and Pukka Pies. That extra stone you are lugging around probably weighs as much as three swingarms...

P.S I lied about the Pukka Pies. Sorry.

millemille, All good points a race airfilter will probably also help it breath a bit at speed. But the rest seem like something that'll have to wait till the end of the season.

Monkey! Battery and alternator seem like an easy change but the pie intake seems like the biggest gain quickly (yet the hardest to do :eusa_think: ).

Get some training and get on the throttle earlier. These fast blokes cannot be nailing you just on the straights can they? It is in the head, cheaper, lasts longer and works on all bikes..

Have a day with Bloke - he rules.

I do have plenty of room to go faster and I know my bike could to sh*t loads faster than me but that'll take time, money, tyres, experience & talent all if which I haven't got much of :dribble: lol. Unfortunatly in my class the only place I'm really being killed is the straights. I somehow even lead at cadwell for a lap this weekend until I got back to the main straight where I was promptly passed by 2 bikes. :iconthumbsdownkq8:

Who is Bloke?

Sorry for my delay in replying.

Good advice millemille, I'll have to play with gear ratios more and see what others are running (if they don't feed me duff info lol). Snett 200 this weekend, so this will be a good one to play with it.

Archived