Tokico 6 pots

Tomfoolery

Are you thinking using the conversion plates to swop from conventional to radial mounted calipers?

Seen some on ebay for a Ducati. Not convinced myself, but I've not tried them...I'd be interested in your findings though.

Are you thinking using the conversion plates to swop from conventional to radial mounted calipers?

Seen some on ebay for a Ducati. Not convinced myself, but I've not tried them...I'd be interested in your findings though.

sort of, ive never come across any brackets that look as pro as the ones im plumping for, theyre not designed for the 7r either, but after some logical thought and huge cross referencing i think ive hit a solution that might work. it all depedns on disc offset and diameter, should be good but never really know until everything gets here.

Sweet! Keep us updated on progress. You could always get different discs (or for that matter wheels). Not really that much extra work.

Would be very interested, seen brembo adapter plates for my SRAD that would allow 748 / 9** brembos to be fitted, but they were silly money. Was thinking about SRAD 4 pots, though if you have a better solution...

Would love K4 thou calipers, so I could stock up on pads for both bikes...

special brackets, kwak 10r 2005 calipers, and a lot of measuring, checking and double checking, the adapters are nicely cnc'd and damn light, i might be able to get hold of some, but i need to check and make sure they run ok first, they line up nice , sit true, and have good pad/disc overlap, but i still need to fit my lines to them as my standard ones are a gnats todge too short, so i cant say how weel they work just yet, but ill get that done very soon.

As soon as i know they work ok, ill get a rough price for more brackets, they should fit any 108mm radial caliper, so any modern jap brakes really, im using the 10r ones as theyre dirt cheap, i paid 65 notes for this pair,

auxwfn.jpg

2vtw3o3.jpg

They look sweet mate...let us know how you get on.

Suppose I should get in the garage then...

Any chance you could put me in touch with the engineering shop? Just I have slightly smaller discs (9R) but 7R forks onto a Dymag wheel...that may not line up as intended!

I'll check...I think 280mm. It's more complex with my dymags, they match kawasaki discs but i'm not 100%...

That or I'll pay for a technical drawing. It's definately one route to get new calipers, and I do happen to have some radial brembos kicking around...I was planning on new fork lowers for them.

That is a real nice solution - I've been looking at upgrades for the ZX9 (C2, so disc dia is 296mm).

Was looking at getting some brackets from the states to mount brembos, but this looks fantastic.The 6 pots are common across loads of Kwaks (and suzuki), so if they fit yours they should fit mine - if it all goes well, I'll be more than interested in the conversion.

That is a real nice solution - I've been looking at upgrades for the ZX9 (C2, so disc dia is 296mm).

Was looking at getting some brackets from the states to mount brembos, but this looks fantastic.The 6 pots are common across loads of Kwaks (and suzuki), so if they fit yours they should fit mine - if it all goes well, I'll be more than interested in the conversion.

i looked at them as well but the ones i saw were horrendously dear. These 'should' be a lot cheaper, all being well.

Me too

Ross

90 mm, mate.

Straight swap for nissin 4 pots from GSXR400/750/1100, tokico 4 pots from SRADs (and presumably TLs) and Triumph 4 pots which are just rebadged Nissins.

I prefer the Nissins - they give very good feel and need a lot less maintenance (I have two sets in the garage and they are both about 20 years old)

If you fit Nissins you'll need to get the banjo bolts cos they use a finer pitch (can't remember off the top of my head what it is)

90 mm, mate.

Straight swap for nissin 4 pots from GSXR400/750/1100, tokico 4 pots from SRADs (and presumably TLs) and Triumph 4 pots which are just rebadged Nissins.

I prefer the Nissins - they give very good feel and need a lot less maintenance (I have two sets in the garage and they are both about 20 years old)

If you fit Nissins you'll need to get the banjo bolts cos they use a finer pitch (can't remember off the top of my head what it is)

Thangyouverymuch :icon_salut:

seem to be superb, just wiating on my seat unit to come back then i'll go for a longer test ride. hsould have some more info this weekend.

Sounding good, I can see run on calipers from ebay coming up :D

I think I'm going to try and rebuild my master cylinder before anything drastic. I know you didn't have any luck, Pete, but I'm hoping mine'll be different. I don't see me hanging onto the 7R for ages, so no point throwing hundreds of pounds at it.

I don't see me hanging onto the 7R for ages, so no point throwing hundreds of pounds at it.

What happened to project Sports commuter? That sounded like an interesting concept ...

Archived