Gear Ratios

speedy sie

1st 2.375 (38/16) same as std zx7rr

2nd 2.000 (36/18) same as std zx7r

3rd 1.619 (34/21) same as std zx7r

4th 1.391 (32/23) same as std zx7r

5th 1.291 (31/24) not zx7r or zx7rr so could be kit

6th 1.103 (32/29) same as std zx7r

looks like a mass of zx7r,zx7rr and kit part to make the gear box up,do the ratioes look ok??

in fact, i think i would run the stock box, as it is only overall 60% from first to top, whereas running the 'factory' first gear makes the jump into 2nd 15%, then the jump into 3rd 19%.

The so called factory ratios have a jump of 9% from 4 to 5, and then 14.5% to top, cannot be right.

are you sure you have all the right bits?

looking at various ratios people run, full on factory stuff tends to be overall (less than) 50%, and they have smaller and smaller gaps aas they go up the box.

i can't be bothered to put any more piccys up as i cannot just cut and paste excel.

Your 'standard' box has a nice spread of about 60%, and sensible gaps between the ratios, i would run that.

Are you absolutely sure you have the correct information?

the one this is the gears them selves are difrent diamiters to the zx7r gear box,as in teeth are diferent so i think the o/d will come in to this,if you look over the box the gear are quite close in o/d,but im no gear box expert..

What Jamie said. the rev drops need to be smaller between the higer gears. With the 5th gear you've listed you will have to much of a rev drop when you change fro 5th to 6th.

Archived