Oil Pressure Warning Light

stevieweavie

Should I fit an oil pressure warning light on my soon to be raced (pre injection class) r6? The aftermarket dash doesn't have one, and i don't think the standard road dash features one either(its's got an oil level warning light tho). I'm a bit uneasy about not having one, coming from racing stockcars where an oil pressure warning light seemed like a must, everyone had them and lots have an oli pressure gauge. Do racebikes normally have one?

light on the dash WILL be for pressure rather than the level.......(if most bikes are to go by)

Wrong. Carb'ed Yam R6's (and early R1's too I think) have an oil level light, not oil pressure light.

To the OP, I cant help in any way as I dont race. There is a threaded take-off point on the R6 engine somewhere which is meant to be used to test the oil pressure every service. Surely something could be retro-fitted using this take-off point?

light on the dash WILL be for pressure rather than the level.......(if most bikes are to go by)

Wrong.

Carb'ed Yam R6's (and early R1's too I think) have an oil level light, not oil pressure light.

Correct. And they can be bloody fussy too.

Must admit oil pressure doesn't concern me when I race. Well it obviously does but not to the point where I would have a gauge. There's no time to be looking at a gauge anyway. I barely look at the rev counter in a race.

Archived