Carb Balance Guages

Fatbloke

I'm after a set of vac guages for 4 cylinder bikes. Are the cheap ebay items crap?? Are the Davida ones worth the extra cash?

Thanks

Fatbloke.

Never used gauges but I've been using a Morgan Carbtune II for about 20 years which has been faultless. You can pick them up for £60 I think.

I've also got a set of the Carbtune stuff but not used it yet. Are you after buying some or borrowing a set?

Thanks guys, carbtune it is. Im doing a few odd jobs for people so i'm going to invest in a set thanks Rick.

Ta

Fatbloke.

1 set ordered. Don't buy from ebay, go to Morgans site as they are cheaper if you are looking for a set. Thanks for the advice guys,

Fatbloke.

Here's a tip: Some folk say they're innaccurate. This is usually because they hang them from the handlebar, hold them in their hand, rest them on the frame, etc. The rods are damped but will still pick up vibration so hanging it from the bars is a bad idea. I hang mine off a long bungee cord hooked over a conveniently placed nail in a garage roof joist so it's hanging roughly where the bike's tank is. Keep 'em isolated from any vibration and they're as accurate as anything.

I must admit im sorely tempted to get a set of Morgans. Do your carbs once or twice and theyve paid for themselves.

One question though. How do you guys rig up a fuel supply with the tank off? I know there are gadgets you can buy, are they worth it or is there an easy option? I just dont want a litre of fuel dumping itself over me and the hot exhausts!

I must admit im sorely tempted to get a set of Morgans. Do your carbs once or twice and theyve paid for themselves.

One question though. How do you guys rig up a fuel supply with the tank off? I know there are gadgets you can buy, are they worth it or is there an easy option? I just dont want a litre of fuel dumping itself over me and the hot exhausts!

Use an old coolant bottle,or car header tank. Hang it up where the bolt would go through.Attach hose to out let,, Job jobbed.Added bonus it has a screw cap fitting.

Use an old coolant bottle,or car header tank. Hang it up where the bolt would go through.Attach hose to out let,, Job jobbed.Added bonus it has a screw cap fitting.

^ That'll work. In the past I've removed the tank and bungee'd it to a workmate bench, and fitted a long length of fuel hose.

I just pull the fuel tank off my Flymo and use that now.

Doesn't the fuel have to be pressurised on a fuel-injected bike, or is gravity enough?

you can't use an auxilliry tank on an FI bike.

Sealey do a nice portable fuel tank, I bought one just before I sold my carb'ed R1 and bought the k6. Doh

Sealey do a nice portable fuel tank, I bought one just before I sold my carb'ed R1 and bought the k6. Doh

So did I, which is why I asked, double doh!!

Want to sell it? :P

sorry guys, 'twas sold shortly after I bought the k6 and realised it wouldn't work!

think it went to someone on here, but can't remember

Archived