Rapid Bike Easy

Harvey Mushman

Spotted ads for these in a couple of mags and wondered what the more technically gifted amongst us thought? They say it's a simple to fit add on air/fuel ratio modulator that plugs directly to the bikes O2 connector. Apparently it allows adjustment of the bikes fuel mixture and removes power and torque dips and is best suited to standard or lightly modified bikes.

Genuine alternative to a Power Commander? It's distributed by B&C Express in the UK which makes me think it'll be a quality product (think Renthal, Tsubaki, Arrow etc) and as it retails at £112.50 I could be tempted to give one a try if someone on here clever enough to know how it works says I should :lol: .

If it's using the bikes stock O2 sensor then it's going to be tricky to say the least as they only work over a very slim range (I've never seen a stock bike on the dyno with as smooth an AFR curve as the one on their website). You could, of course, fit a wide band O2 sensor and go from there if the RBE's compatible with it, but then you're left trying to answer the question "how fast does it change your fuelling and can it keep up with what my throttle hand is doing?". Frankly, I'm deeply sceptical about something being able to tune your bike on the fly with any degree of accuracy.

I was actually asking for my bro who recently bought a new (2011) ER-6f. I know from experience they have a dip in hp and torque around 4000rpm and iirc Mark at BSD said something about them being very lean, possibly something to do with getting it to meet emissions standards? I thought maybe the Rapid Bike Easy would be a cheap but equally effective solution to a Power Commander and custom map for improving it lower down.

He's not really looking to mod his bike (he must be adopted lol) and in truth you don't feel the dip in the lower/mid range but I know when I rode my bike out of BSD after having my PC mapped that the bike was transformed, much nicer to ride.

Are there no cheaper remapping options like for suzukis theres 'teka'. Loz is lucky his trumpets fuelling can be altered using freeware and a cable. Git.

Don't forget, aprilias, KTM and benellis all benefit from the lovely freeware tune-ups too, so long as you splash out on an £8 cable from ebay. Tough life, eh...

Archived