Gsx-R 750 Suspension And Unknown Special Parts

-Erik-

Hi all,

I have just purchased a trackday '99 gsxr750 srad wich has been standing in the corner of a garage somewhere for a while.

I'm freshing it up to have some good fun but I have a few questions for the suspension guru's.

A mate of mine had a cbr600rr Wilbers shock laying around. It's too short, but with the bike I got a box full of parts wich contained a few top shock mounts. I assume the one I am holding in the picture is the original one, can anyone confirm/ or measure an original one? If I use the longest top mount, the total length is perfect.

Foto0034.jpg

Foto0035.jpg

Second, I suspect the spring of a 600rr is stiffer, I have 2.5cm sag with me on it and 0.8 with the bike alone. Is this wirth trying or a new spring?

And as last for the shock, do damping charesteritics vary a lot between diffrent bikes? In other words, revalve or just try it?

Anyone has an clue what make this wheel is? I only have one rear and maybe like a set..

Foto0036.jpg

Thanks

The wheel looks like PM chicane of mid90's AMA vintage. Good luck finding a matching front.

The wheel looks like PM chicane of mid90's AMA vintage. Good luck finding a matching front.

Looks like it is, have been a few for sale on gixxer.com but they are mainly in the states so shipping will be a fortune........

I'll keep my eyes open for a wheel but as I see the prices I think I will be running a stock front wheel, it isnt that pretty for such money.

This wheel is actually from a WK Endurance Tl1000r I found out.

Anyone some advice with the suspension?

Only 1 bit of advice about the suspension: Don't rebuild it to the stock srad length. If you're going to be changing shocks around etc, many people run the stock shock with a 12mm spacer, making the shock a bit longer, as it aids turn in etc.

I'll keep my eyes open for a wheel but as I see the prices I think I will be running a stock front wheel, it isnt that pretty for such money.

This wheel is actually from a WK Endurance Tl1000r I found out.

Anyone some advice with the suspension?

hu...any pics of this wheel in the bike??

sat03.jpg

http://www.fim-live....nde-bretagne-1/

http://postimage.org...51638hzi3/full/

http://postimage.org/image/7rkz9pvy3/

here you go, 'team verboven' or 'team Herman Verboven'; became 5th in 2001 if I remember , ran magnesium wheels most of the time but had a few american riders in the beginning, maybe one of them had a link to the wheels. One picture is a racebike converted to roadbike (has a few race parts left)

I have seen photo's of the bike (I worked in their shop), but not on computer, in an old album

I have the Yoshi clipons, master cylinder, some discs etc. from that front end I think :) (and some fairings)

the front end is nice piece of kit, maybe over my budget , do you have a link of parts and prices you got?

indeed above my budget, I paid 250 for the whole (bit crashed) bike. I was thinking something like that, tasty parts come at their price...

The only fairing I have at home is the front mudguard, I will look but I doubt they are in the original colours..

Now this is why I love it in here.

Sooooo, Herman has a kit box for an S-Rad and I know how to reach Herman.

I'm guessing that'll cause a bit of Zombie Threadism.

Busy winter ahead for me then. :biggrinvk4:

to be clear: I'm not selling someone else's stuff, just mentioned I thought he has them (dont want to get into trouble, he's not 'openly' selling them)

becoming a parts topic instead of suspension :wacko:

Archived