Rsv Milleproblem

mick750

y2k rsv mille

on thursday evening riding home from work 5 mins in the engine died and wouldnt restart left it 2-3 mins started fine

then 5 mins later it died again and wouldnt restart so parked it in a mates shed got a lift home

i then went round later turned on the ignition (after putting it on a trickle charger) no fuel pump priming

next day i went round it started fine

just rode it home all ok apart from opening the throttle in 2nd it died then picked up straight away

so any ideas ?

Similar intermittent problem with my 00 RSV-R Mick.............the electrical connection for the fuel pump can, over time, become won and loose. Lift the seat and it's the white plug with 3 'prongs'

I now have a cable tie around mine to prevent it from happening again......job jobbed ;-)

HTH

Jon

Check what Cuzza says first, costs £0 , then millemilles breather pipes at £0 then fuel pump at £50

Have you done any servicing lately? My mate had 0 problems with his until he changed the air filter and then it started cutting out a few weeks later. He traced that back to the wires that Cuzza mentioned pulling apart slightly which must have happened when he wedged the tank up.

right then ive just been out to have a look

and cuzza it does seem a bit loose but not loose enough to cause any problems so started it up and while running disconnected the plug and engine dies so reconnect it and she fires back up again perfectly

however i lety it get up to temperature and at 86 it died again and i seem to remember it was about that temp when it originally happened first so any more ideas ?

It's fooked. I'll give you 400 notes for it.

Fancy making a profit Levo?

£405, that's an easy 4quid...

Well i started it up without the filler cap it ran for 30 seconds then died

Now the fuel pump won't prime when I turn on the ignition

Turns out it was the fuel pump was knackered and the relay was slightly corroded inside

Thanks for everyones (apart from levo) help

Turns out it was the fuel pump was knackered and the relay was slightly corroded inside

Thanks for everyones (apart from levo) help

So Mike was right, and you've got a £401.00 cheque from levo heading your way, not a bad days work.

Archived