Penske Rebuild?

Jenny Pryde

Penske has lost damping and burped up its oil. Dunno whether it's the shaft seal 'o' ring, the wiper or the shaft bearing 'o' ring. Shock is a couple of years old.

How big/expensive a job is it to rebuild?

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. While the shock is a couple of years old, it has probably only done about 500 road miles. I know they cover their arses by recommending a change of all seals and oil every year or 30 hours of track time. But this is facking ridiculous.

When it's fixed, I won't be trusting it for road duties. The standard shock will be going back in there.

Not using it could have caused the leak, things don't like sitting not being used.

Get it serviced, then use it on the road so it keeps it up and running properly

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. While the shock is a couple of years old, it has probably only done about 500 road miles. I know they cover their arses by recommending a change of all seals and oil every year or 30 hours of track time. But this is facking ridiculous.

When it's fixed, I won't be trusting it for road duties. The standard shock will be going back in there.

I actually nearly bought one off ebay a while back but was unsure about the fitment so rang MCT;was told that it wouldn't fit but that anyway if I was doing mainly road riding the Penske would need a yearly service anyway so would be better off with a re-valved stock shock.Probably a different story for a trackday or race bike but got the impression a regular service is normal for these.

Archived