Yec Throttle - - - Stiffer?

SAB

Can anyone confirm if a 2004-2006 (5VY) Yamaha R1 YEC quick turn throttle should feel stiffer than the stock throttle?

The cables are cleaned and lubed, the internals of the throttle housing are cleaned and lubed, and the throttle snaps back into place as it should when released. Action is smooth and cable tension is spot on. However when I compare the effort it takes to turn this throttle compared to the other bikes here (1098, 09 R1, R6, Speed Triple, CBR 600 with hrc throttle and a Fireblade with a Motion pro throttle, the YEC throttle is by far the stiffest.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

DSC08202%20(Large).JPG

^ This

Although When I was fitting a QD one of these at the weekend it wasn't that much heavier than a standard one, you just got light wrists. Watch it when you fit the rad, the logical routeing is outside of the radiator stay, I ended up with a better feel when I ran it inside. Oh and backed the return right off.

Didn't know that there was an Endurance spec QD one? Sorry but they are nice.

Most QA throttle feel stiffer, you're pulling more cable for the same angular rotation of the grip so there's less leverage.

Thanks for that. I pulled it apart and re-checked everything since I was fitting it at 2AM and thought maybe I missed something simple. I played with the routing a bit and made sure neither of the cables were binding and it all went buttery after that. To be perfectly honest I have no idea what i did to fix it, but it's mint now. :)

^ This

Although When I was fitting a QD one of these at the weekend it wasn't that much heavier than a standard one, you just got light wrists. Watch it when you fit the rad, the logical routeing is outside of the radiator stay, I ended up with a better feel when I ran it inside. Oh and backed the return right off.

Didn't know that there was an Endurance spec QD one? Sorry but they are nice.

Light wrists? LIGHT WRISTS???!!!! Better hope our paths don't cross on a moon-less night. I know a bearded lady or two with VERY heavy wrists. She'll learn you to shoot your mouth off about weak wrists! Kidding kidding......I'm admittedly OCD with anything related to the bike. This is the first real anything that I've taken apart to put back together...so I'm learning a lot (and rocking myself to sleep at night sometimes crying in the corner thinking I fooked it all to hell).

Thanks for the rad tips. Hadn't thought of that but I will have a look when it goes on. :icon_salut:

need to see pics of this bike seth, im going crazy.

Soon Matt! I've been tearing into her every night after work. Your hose retainers look the biz too! I test fitted them again last night. You soooo nailed that project.

Archived