Brake(Or Lack Off) Issues

Icarus34

Ive just fit a bmw s1000 rr front radial master cylinder to my tl.. Ive bled everything up but the brakes arnt as crocking as i expected... im fact there pretty crap... There's i bit of a spongy feeling to the brake lever but it doesnt come back to the bar and its all bled up with no air whatsoever comming out. The brakes do have a bit of bite but are worse than the old master cylinder. Anyone know of whethe or not the bmw brakes are servo assisted or if the radial master cylinders not compatable with my calipers...

Cheers Dean

Try cracking the banjos as said already, but also try tilting the MC in different angles to expel the air. (you would have it attached but not on the bars iyswim) Air gets stuck in these

Another thing that is sometimes missed is old seals.. Take a caliper off and stop the pistons from coming out (use block of wood so you dont damage the pistons)Then as you squeeze the lever see if the seals are bulging. If they are you need new seals.

if not push the pistons back so they are fully home and use block of wood to keep them there. Open the bleed nipple and squeeze out any air,shut nipple and repeat a few times.

Do one at a time and you should get some feeling in the lever. :icon_salut:

It's got 4 pot tokicos fitted.. I was thinking that maybe the bore diameter of the master cylinder was wrong for the calipers.

Might be trapped air but hell I've bled n bled it.. I'll give what budget boy suggested a try..

Archived