Aprilia Rs125 Fork Upgrade Options

wazrs257

The standard RS forks are shite, spring in one side and damping in the other. Maxton do a full race conversion, but it works out at about £600. I've been looking at other forks and it looks like GSXR radials may be an option, as they are the same diameter and length so would fit straight in. But what are the chances of getting them resprung/damped for a 107kg bike? If a set of GSXR forks can be had for £250ish (plus calipers), would I end up paying the same as a full Maxton on the RS forks, by the time the GSXR ones are modded to suit the RS?

The bike they'd be fitted to is a track spec RS125 fitted with a 60bhp Rotax 250 single engine, so I can kind of justify the expense, just not sure of the best route to take. :thumbsup:

Try Iain Newton at I.N. competition. He ran the Aprilia superteen series and is the guy behind the Aprilia RRV bikes and series. Both bikes run the same forks a you, and are seriously quick in the right hands, I would have though the could point you in the right direction.

Try Iain Newton at I.N. competition. He ran the Aprilia superteen series and is the guy behind the Aprilia RRV bikes and series. Both bikes run the same forks a you, and are seriously quick in the right hands, I would have though the could point you in the right direction.

Does he have a website? Google doesn't bring up anything relevant.

Archived