Any Bike Electrical Genius's About?

Chrisball

I had my RGV500 running over xmas on the OEM loom and cdi. I set about building a new loom and ordered up a Zeeltronic CDI and PV controller. Loom finished and everything seemingly working i hooked up the Zeel Cdi and discovered i had no spark at all. But as soon as the OEM cdi is hooked up the spark to the plugs returns.

There is 12v supplied to the Zeel units and ive checked and triple checked all connections, been in touch with Sean who replaced the CDI unit but still no joy. I have been in touch with Borut and checked everything hes asked me to check and still nothing!!

I have noticed that when i turn on the ignition only occasionally does the PV servo do its test cycle - i thought it did this every time??

If anyone has any suggestions i can try that would be great, as its starting to p**s me off now.

Cheers

Chris

Does the OEM CDI have the same plug as the Zeeltronic one? When you swap CDIs, is that ALL you swap, or are there other bits you need to connect/disconnect?

Thanks for the reply, the plug is the same, but there is a seperate 12v feed, and there is a wire per coil. Also a seperate wire runs to the Zeel PV controller.

If the PV servo doesn't cycle every time, and you get no spark, my guess would be the feed or the box itself. But as you say, you done all that already, maybe there is a ground missing? Does the Zeeltronic have multiple grounds in the connector? Is there an adapter loom between the CDI plug and the Zeeltronic? Are all the pins OK on the connector?

Sounds like a power supply issue, either 12V or ground.

Archived